MOMA's House is a Safe House that helps those in need when life becomes too overwhelming. Programs are offered to women who are committed to transforming their lives.
We embrace those coming out of domestic violence crisis centers or sex trafficking situations and offer them new beginnings. Our mission is to promote the growth and development of those we serve by empowering them to experience healing and wholeness.
We offer young women needed support to facilitate their new life of independence, build their self-esteem, renew their self-worth, and increase their capacity to reach their full potential.
MOMA’S House is a Safe House that helps those in need when life becomes too overwhelming. Programs are offered to women who are committed to transforming their lives.
For $500 a month each resident has her own furnished room with full kitchen access, on-site laundry facility, home gym, and computer lab.
Our property has security gates and doors, alarm system, and staff is available 24-7.
Life & Career Skills
We provide our residents with a comprehensive program to help them stay safe, set goals, and rebuild their independence.
Our programs include:
- Safety Planning
- Health & Nutrition Education, Budgeting, Money Management & Banking, Personal Hygiene, Food Preparation, and more
- GED and College Prep
- Job Training & Career Development – On-site seminars and classes for resume writing, interview skills, dress for success, job fair notifications
- Independent Living Skills – Applied practices to promote development of accountability, responsibility and time management proficiency
- Realizing Each Achievement Creates Healing (REACH Program) – Assessment & development of strengths and goals
We empower our residents through a strong support structure that complements the Life and Career Skills program. Each client’s structure is customized to fit her goals toward freedom and independence.
Our programs include:
- Mentors & Advisors
- Support group(s) attendance (required)
- Community resource referrals – Food and nutrition assistance, anger management, medical & mental health, parenting, job skill training, Government resources, and more
- Self-esteem building workshops
- Acknowledgement of accomplishments – Includes daily reinforcement and an annual event to honor the women who have successfully completed the program
- Aftercare – Continued access to services and support from MOMA’s House team after completing the program.
Make a Difference
Help us bring back a smile to a woman’s face.
Your gift will enable MOMA’s House to reach our goal of creating long-term solutions while directly support women who desperately need our help. Donations to MOMA’s House are 100% tax-deductible.
What is Domestic Violence?
Domestic violence is a pattern of coercive behavior that one person exercises over another to gain power and control. This behavior may include physical violence, sexual abuse, emotional and psychological intimidation, verbal abuse and threats, stalking, isolation from friends and family, economic control, and destruction of personal property. Domestic violence affects people of all ages, income levels, faiths, and education levels.
Does someone you love…
- Embarrass you with bad names and put-downs?
- Act in ways that scare you?
- Demand to know who you talk to or where you go?
- Stop you from talking to friends and family?
- Punch walls or destroy your property?
- Threaten to hurt you?
- Put his hands on you in anger (slapping, grabbing, pushing)?
If so, reach out to Moma’s House for help. You can also call the national 24-hour domestic violence crisis hotline at 1-800-799-7233 for assistance.See our resources
What is Sex Trafficking?
Human trafficking is a form of modern-day slavery. This crime occurs when a trafficker uses force, fraud or coercion to control another person for the purpose of engaging in commercial sex acts or soliciting labor or services against his/her will.
If you or someone you know is a victim of human trafficking, call the national human trafficking hotline at 1-877-373-7888, It’s available 24/7 and is always confidential.